Sunday, September 2, 2007

May 21, 2006 - Michelle

Michelle
for my sister Michelle...written...perhaps a year ago, just found it again.

I wish you knew

How much I respect you

For your happiness through the struggle

That reduces so many to rubble

We get lost in eloquence

Arranging words in perfect sequence

So much more difficult for you

Placed by God in conditions you can’t undo

and blessed with a double portion

of the greatest beyond emotion –

amazing patience and love

that you continually show us.

Even when we don’t understand

Or give your words second chance

What saddens me is that you may never know

The depth of admiration I could never show

Sorry I haven’t tried harder to listen and identify

Through you God has elected to testify

To teach so much more than the most erudite

I wonder what other truth you hide;

any other answers for you to illumine

in this darkness where we forget what it is to be human?

No comments: