Friday, January 8, 2010

need to just start up again

I never intended to take such an extended hiatus from writing on here. I am not sure what happened. I could blame a change of environment and adjusting to that. I don't know about other writers out there, but you find a place or setting that just works for you and you can only write in that space and time. I suppose I haven't found that yet here out of my own laziness.

I do have a lot of things and ideas that I wish to touch upon...it would be kind of crazy to try and tackle it all in this post. I think the purpose of this one is to start again.

I have missed writing. You get ideas and they float in your head for awhile, but unless you do something with them or write them down the more likely they are to get lost or overturned in our streams of consciousness. It is a chance to make concrete, to make visual nebulous and drifting thoughts. To mark your inspirations so that you can go back and look on them later and see where you have gone in relation to it. This is exactly what I have needed, but have avoided these last months. How I regret it.

So here's to starting again and making an effort on other things I've thought about but avoided.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are back at it. I know what you mean about finding a place to write. It seems like after I left Redding I couldn't write anymore. When I go back to visit, inspiration returns. In Oregon I have had to force myself to write... we will see how Korea works for me. ^_^ Anyway, it is good to have you back and I can't wait to read what comes next!