Monday, August 27, 2007

April 10, 2003

Stuff from the past comes back to slap you in the back of the head, making you feel stupid. The particular instance that I have in mind is of no major significance but reminds me of how much things change over such short periods of time. I had written something that at the time, felt like it meant something to me. Jump forwards an unspecified pocket of time and you find me banging my head. These things hurt or make you feel stupid the most when they are things you cannot erase or take back and are forever there.

This got me thinking(oh, no...not a goodness thing) about the significance and relevance of what seems so important to us now, to the rest of our life. It is kind of mind boggling and confusing to think about this. These thoughts hamper and distort the view of life. Could our goals, purpose, and reason in and for life be all wrong now? Will I look back a couple years or even a year from now and feel foolish for the way I lived and how I viewed everything, or will I be content? It's funny how much we change, even with moods. It's funny how such a little dumb thing can get you thinking so much.

No comments: