Monday, August 27, 2007

December 10, 2003

Being a garbageman does something funny to you--I'm not sure what to call it, perhaps something like broadening your worldview. Or maybe it just changes the way you think altogether, you see the everything at a different angle. Anyway, to the point, I was emptying the trash in the girl's bathroom (a detail I'm sure all of you are glad that you are now informed of, yes, I do get to reconnoiter the strange and dangerous land of the land of girlbathroomia) and there were remnants of Ramen noodles (for all of you people fortunate enough to not know what they are, they are nasty American wannabe MaMa or WaiWai type things...stay away...toxic i tell you!) in there and I made the comment out loud, "Why would anyone put noodles in the trash? They don't belong in the trash!" One of my female co-workers or co-janitors or whatever we are supposed to call each other was cleaning in there too hear my comment and responded with, "Yeah, it's funny, you don't think about what you put into the trash until you have to take it out." This is so true! Now, everytime I go to put something in the trash I think about what I'm doing. When I'm working/emptying the trash in the gym/basketball court/chapel place building with the music department/student lounges/sports director offices/etc(a lot of stuff compacted into a small building really) I find myself analyzing what people put in the trash and ask myself, why? But, really, this is not a normal thing, because, usually you just put stuff in the trash without thinking right? Everything goes in the trash right? I wonder, does this make any of you paranoid now of what you put in the trash? Ok, I'm sorry that i went on for so long about trash, I don't know what is wrong with me. I must be obsessed or something as this is my 3rd blog or so about garbage to date.

While I'm talking about garbage, I might as well wish everyone a very merry and lovely Christmas. Hmm...I wonder if there will ever be a point that we use up all of our resources and so all of our "new" things will be made from "old" recycled things. I don't know what the connection between Christmas and that was...anyway, I'm sure I'll be back to blog before Christmas, so maybe then I'll do a better job of wishing you all a merry Christmas!

No comments: