Monday, August 27, 2007

February 19, 2005 - Revelation

Revelation
Current mood: stretchy

I bet it appeared as if finally I was going to write something deep with a title like that. Ha, wrong again. Today I learned something new, but it wasn't that exciting so I thought I would share it.
Latex gloves, the ambidextrous kind (wow, every glove could fit either hand, isn't that amazing?), they supposedly don't have powder on the inside but when you slide your hand into them it feels powdry inside. So it was raining outside and of course my hands were wet because that's what happens when precipitation touches them. With the task of doing some trashy work ahead, it was time to grab two gloves and slide them on my hands with style. That is...until I found that I couldn't slide my fingers into the slots where they belong. Soon I found myself tugging with all of my strength at the only hole in the glove, the place of insertion, to find that I was making progress...in creating another hole that is--defeating the purpose of wearing the gloves. I then had to dispose of the disposable glove (yes, that is where all of the school's funding goes into, the disposable glove fund, you should consider investing) and grab a new one! Think, now that means there remains in the box a bunch of pairs of gloves but one that will be left alone! A forever unsolvable problem, because suppose you open a new box and take 1 out of it to go with the last one in the former box--the next box has the same problem!
Anyway, to recapitulate my revelation in fewer words--latex gloves are hard to put on when your hands are wet.

No comments: