Monday, August 27, 2007

September 11, 2003

I don't like my computer class.
I don't have to take my computer class.
But I can't really drop it because there are two nerd/geeks who know much more than me and they are staying in the class.
The class is pretty much equivalent to what we did in 9th grade intro to computer's class, but only focusing on the Microsoft Office part. In other words, know everything we are going to do except Access.
I was really loathing the class because it was really boring and we had just been listening to the Prof. tell us stuff that I already know, and I'm not trying to sound like someone conceited, I'm serious...everyone knows the stuff that he was talking about, like what is a mouse? What right click does...wow...exciting huh?
But today was a better day because he let us plow through the book and work at our own pace, which was much better.
But now I am back at the loathing stage again. We are supposed to follow instructions to do stupid little sample letter things, and you don't just copy because they want you to be creative and know how to do it. So the point of it is that the format of the thing is correct and you know how to create the letters or memos or whatever.
Ok, so in the letters you have to make up stuff like i said earlier. The guy takes points off of my grade because I was repetitive. What's up with that?! Is it not the format of the thing and not the content that matters?! He also took off points for pushing the enter key one too many times between various sections, but that's justified because instructions weren't followed 100%.
I guess i'm slightly peeved. Not quite sure why I'm sharing that with all of you.
It's funny how such small dumb things can annoy us sometimes.
Sarah-I just found this on my computer, I forgot about it...but i thought of you when i heard it...try the Carole King feat. James Taylor version of "up on a roof"...good stuff. Yes, i was listening to Carole King, I must admit, she's got some good music. I'm a big fan of folk. J. Taylor, Garfunkel...that's the stuff.

This is going to be such a random blog.

I might as well write a bit about college now that I'm at it.

I never knew it would be so hard to get a job in college. Neither Cheri or I got the job in the library, apparently experience doesn't make a difference to those people. I mean, in addition to my TA experience in the library i worked in my dad's resource center/library for a couple years. One of my roommates sort of got a job there, he gets to substitute when someone is sick. Maybe it was all about the interview.
I suck at interviews.
Why do they have to ask you weird questions like: what are your strengths?; what are your weaknesses?; what could you contribute to the library if you worked here?. How would i know the answer to these questions?
Wow, I'm writing about such happy stuff aren't I? Hehe...
Contrary to the way my words appear, life is good. College seems pretty cool so far.
It's really cool, one of my friends that i hang out with the most is a MK from Taiwan. What's even cooler than that is that one of the leaders at the MK seminar at Biola earlier this summer new "David" because she was living in Taiwan, so she told cheri and i that he was going to Simpson too. The leader that told me this was the roommate of my Admissions Counselor! HOw crazy is that? So many small connections!
Anyway...life with 3 roommates keeps life interesting. End up doing stupid stuff sometimes late at night.
I miss Bkk. I miss the friendships and relationships that I spent most of my life building. I miss hanging out with those people and just chilling. You can do that with people here but some how it's just not the same. I miss my home. I miss real rice. I miss the pollution of Bangkok. I miss the humidity and heat.
Random thoughts yield random results i guess. Never sure whether I should begin attacking the backspace key or to leave these thoughts here.
I feel kinda stupid for the way i wrote about the computer thing. But hey, maybe it will make somebody laugh! hehe.
David, the MK guy is using my toilet(he's not one of my roommates) because his toilet is clogged and overflowed. He just got out. Maybe i should submit this before he comes and looks over my shoulder to see what i'm doing. Adios. Peace. God bless!

No comments: