Monday, August 27, 2007

May 19, 2003 - Thai Politics

Thaksin is a funny man.

I guess this is somewhat of an overdue comment, but seriously, the prime minister of Thailand has got some funny ideas. Thaksin comes up with the most ridiculous, ambitious, impossible plans for Thailand, makes you wonder where he gets these strange ideas from. I'm not quite sure why I am writing about Thaksin, but don't you find it funny that he declared that Thailand would be completely drug free by April first? Thailand?! Drug free?! Sounds like a joke.
As if that wasn't enough, his new thing as of late is to remove all pirated computer software from Thailand. Haha! Imagine Thailand without Pantip? He declared that he would begin this program on May 1st, my parents went down there that day and although all the stalls were closed you could still very easily get bootleg dvd's and stuff.
Back when all the SARs stuff was happening, Thaksin got a little too excited and declared Thailand SARS-free!
I'm not quite sure why i wrote this, i mean i'm not into politics or whatever that is and i don't hate or like Thaksin to my knowledge. This probably sounds kind of like an editorial with barely any substance...oops. Just observations I guess.

No comments: