Monday, August 27, 2007

October 18, 2003

The next time you throw something in the trash, think of me, think of the people that take out the trash for you. Obviously not the trash in the garbage can in your room or whatever, but like in a public place. But anyway, with my new job taking out trash in the gym I've found that I really dislike people that put half-full cups of coffee in the trash! I mean, why buy coffee so that you can throw it away? Drink it! Because when the trash is not full I just dump the trash into another bag that way we can conserve the trash bags! Anyway, you can't tell if there are liquids in the trash or not until you dump it into the other bag and viola, coffee and nasty liquid gets all over the place! Yes! I've found that I have a greater appreciation for trash-taker-outers now. I also hate people that don't put their gum in a wrapper before throwing it away. You find interesting things in the trash. Such as untouched whole sandwhiches, still in their bag, not even opened! Such wastrels people are! In my first week there I found a roll of tape that wasn't even all used up! What's up with that? Last week I found a cup from the cafeteria! (haha, not anymore!) Ok this is a bit weird, me telling of my garbage adventures. Next time, remember as you approach the garbage can, SOMEBODY is going to have to take it out!! So pause for a second and think about how grateful you are to the garbage people and make sure you aren't dumping liquid in there!

No comments: