Monday, August 27, 2007

February 28, 2004 - The Passion

...I just saw the Passion of the Christ...very, very, very good...All of you must see it if you can...It brought me closer to seeing what our Savior went through that day, although we may never really be able to see with our eyes what happened, this could be the next closest thing to being there. Something I never really thought about before was how intense His prayer was at the Mount of Olives and knowing beforehand what He was going to suffer through. I was just thinking, when you're emotionally overwhelmed sometimes it makes you feel quite weak. And that was emotional intensity at its highest level--making the pain that He endured even more insane and real in my mind. The torture was bad enough in itself but when you're weakened by the emotional intensity, how much worse.

His pain and exhaustion felt so real. Watching Him pushing Himself onward after being beaten so terribly and enduring through pain as He was ridiculed showed me a love so powerful--He suffered in love, through evil, for the sake of us all, even those that did such terrible things if they change their hearts. Such forgiveness and love in the face of abject depravity, cruelty, and foolish hatred amazes me.

I know these words are nothing new, but the fact that you can hear a story over and over and over again yet still be touched by it is cool. Everyone gets something different from different parts of the story, which I think is nifty.

Seriously, go out of you way to see it.

No comments: